Cathy Moynihan, DNP APRN-FPA, FNP-BC, PMHNP-BC
Advanced Practice Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Medication Management and Psychotherapy
Cathy is an independent provider and is not employed by Hoover & Associates
Call (708)429-6999 ext. 230
Contact Ms. Moynihan by e-mail.
Cathy assists individuals with mental health concerns across the lifespan. She has a Doctorate in Nursing Practice and is a board-certified Advanced Practice Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. She will assist people with the most common mental health conditions including anxiety disorders, depression, adjustment disorders, PTSD and various mood disorders in addition to other conditions. Her treatments may consist of both pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions based on the individual’s needs and preferences.
We at Hoover & Associates are very pleased that Cathy has chosen to establish her practice in our offices. Cathy has a twenty-year background as a family nurse practitioner and is also a certified diabetes educator. While her focus in her practice here is to address your psychological needs, she will be happy to work with your primary care provider to ensure your other medical and physical needs are being met. She is a firm believer in health promotion and in disease prevention.
Cathy’s motto is ”We only have one life to live, so let’s help each other live the best possible life we can.”
- Cathy’s Educational Background:
- Graduate – The University of New Hampshire’s Post-Masters Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse
- Practitioner (PMHNP) 2020
- Masters of Business Administration in Health Care Management: California Coast University –
- June 2016
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice: Governors State University – June 2013
- Masters of Science – Family Nurse Practitioner: St. Xavier University – January 2002
- State of Illinois Registered Professional Nurse
- State of Illinois Licensed Advanced Practice Nurse
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Certification-Family Nurse Practitioner
- State of Illinois Advanced Practice Nurse Controlled Substance License
- Controlled Substance Registration Certification, US Department of Justice
- American Heart Association-Basic Life Support Certification
- American Heart Association-Basic Life Support Instructor Certification
- American Heart Association-Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
- American Heart Association-Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification
- National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators-Certified Diabetes Educator
- Harvard Business School-Stepping Up to Management Certification
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)-Certification of Clinician Recognition – Awarded for
- Excellence in Diabetes Management
- Certified Principal Trainer in Prelude and Cadence applications for Epic systems
Cathy Moynihan has over 28 years of nursing experience. She has worked in the roles of nurse clinician, and clinical administrator and has extensive experience combining strategy and operational leadership with direct, high-quality patient care. In addition to clinical care she is a mentor and educator to other health care practitioners and has a demonstrated commitment to helping others achieve their professional goals.