Anda Jines, MS, LCPC
Call 708-429-6999 ext. 229
Contact Ms. Jines by e-mail.
“I’d love to help you reach your potential.”
Hello, my name is Anda, and I hope that you will always feel welcome in my office. I understand that entering into therapy takes courage for most people. I will strive to earn your trust, and help you to feel safe, supported, and encouraged to voice your innermost experiences without fear of being judged.
If you’re looking for…
- a warm, easygoing and collaborative atmosphere
- clear treatment-planning and goal-setting, & periodic reviews of progress
- a safe place to explore sensitive issues
- an opportunity to gain insight into yourself and the sources of your problems
- information about coping more effectively
- acknowledgement of the connection between mental and physical wellness
- flexibility and personalized tailoring of treatment to your unique needs
…then I may be a good fit for you.
The work that I most enjoy and emphasize in my practice is individual therapy. I also offer couples therapy and family therapy, for adults ages 18-65, dealing with a variety of mental health issues, stressors and symptoms. My family therapy services focus on relationships between two adult people (rather than three or more). This could be a couple, a parent and an adult child, two adult siblings, etc. I do not provide services for minors.
Most of my work is with people who are dealing with depression, anxiety, relationship problems, life transitions, and stressful situations.
I’m especially interested in helping people who are dealing with medical stress and/or chronic pain. The mind and body have a powerful impact on each other… whether it ‘s the cumulative impact of stress on your physical health, or the sometimes devastating impact of illness on mental health. If you’re struggling both physically and mentally, it can help to have someone validating and encouraging to talk with, and it can help to learn some coping strategies to ease your symptoms.
Additionally, my background of having been born in Latvia, and having moved to the United States from Poland in 1982, makes me a good match for clients struggling with immigration or acculturation issues. I have no accent when I speak English, and I only provide therapy in English, but I can partially incorporate the Polish or Latvian languages into my therapy work.
How I Can Help:
My goal is to help you find comfort, confidence, meaning, and satisfaction in life. I draw on my training, clinical experience and empathy, to help you work through difficult issues, and to help you change problematic patterns. I provide emotional support, guidance, encouragement, and helpful information, ideas, & insights. I incorporate various therapeutic approaches into treatment, including:
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), insight oriented therapy, problem solving or solution focused therapy, relationship work, positive psychology, therapeutic lifestyle change, integrative psychotherapy, supportive exploration, psychoeducation, motivational interviewing, Gottman influenced couples therapy, etc.
- Relaxation skills, mindfulness exercises, & biofeedback aided relaxation training.
- Collaboration with doctors to help you address not only mental health factors contributing to medical concerns, but also physical contributors to mental health symptoms.
Benefits of therapy may include:
- deepening your awareness, as well as compassion toward yourself and others
- deepening your understanding of underlying unmet emotional needs
- identifying and minimizing factors that contribute to your difficulties
- making meaning of what you have experienced
- improving relationship patterns and communication skills
- making necessary decisions or changes
- developing a set of personalized coping strategies to help you achieve your goals
- improving allover psychological, physical, and social wellness
- maintaining a stable and satisfying mood
- feeling calmer, more comfortable, and more confident
- discovering your sense of direction and unblocking motivation and enthusiasm
To Read More…
To read more about the services I offer, my specialized training, and my approach to counseling; and to see my mental health blog, visit: www.CounselingChicago.org
- Individual therapy
- Couples therapy
- Family therapy for pairs (two family members – not children)
- Ages 18-65, with an emphasis on young adults
- Depression / Bipolar Disorder
- Relationship Problems
- Stress Management Issues
- Low Self-Esteem
- Medical Stress
- Lifestyle Modification / Therapeutic Lifestyle Change / Wellness
- Acculturation Issues
- A variety of other mental health issues
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Insight Oriented Therapy
- Supportive Exploration
- Problem-Solving or Solution-Focused Therapy
- Relationship Work
- Gottman Influenced Couples Therapy
- Positive Psychology
- Therapeutic Lifestyle Change
- Integrative Psychotherapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Relaxation Training
- Biofeedback Assisted Relaxation Training
- Collaboration with other service providers (i.e.: medical doctors)
- Mon 12pm-9pm
- Tues 12pm-9pm
- Wed 12pm-9pm
- Thurs 12pm-9pm
- Self Payment (cash, check, card)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Aetna PPO
- Out of Network Insurance (full fee)
- Master of Science in Counseling Psychology from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
- Hoover & Associates (since 2008) – private practice
- Southern Illinois Regional Social Services (2003-2008) – a community mental health center
- Transitional Living Program (2007-2008) – a residential program for young adults
- Southern Illinois University Wellness Center (2000-2003) – a part of student health services
- American Counseling Association
- Illinois Counseling Association
- Illinois Mental Health Counseling Association