Dr. Sandra Kasprzyk, R.N., Psy.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Call (708)429-6999 ext. 231
Contact Dr. Kasprzyk by e-mail.
The Challenges of Childhood
Childhood is a time of wonder, enchantment and endless possibility. It may also be a time of sadness, stress, anxiety or confusion. A child who has a difficult time making friends, feeling accepted or coping with loss or family changes, may be confused and may have a hard time understanding and talking about what is going on. Parents of children who are struggling, are likely to feel their pain, and to be equally challenged in knowing how to provide them with the help that they need.
Chicago Psychological Testing and Neuropsychological Services
Psychological testing can be stressful, confusing, or uncomfortable for children and their parents. There are so many questions. Should I have my child tested? What kinds of tests will be administered? Who will see the results and how will that affect my child? These and any other questions will be answered during this initial visit.
Help for Children, Adolescents, Adults, and Older Adults
Dr. Sandra Kasprzyk is a licensed clinical psychologist who provides treatment for children and families who are going through difficult life circumstances. She can help children identify and understand their feelings, develop coping strategies, make positive choices, and build their self-esteem. She is experienced in the assessment and treatment of Autistic Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, OCD, Tourettes Syndrome, Pediatric Bipolar Disorder, as well as Depression and Anxiety disorders.
Dr. Kasprzyk works closely with parents to develop and implement treatment goals which are responsive to the individual child’s unique needs and circumstances. She also works with adults and older adults. She is a certified Jungian Psychotherapist and has extensive experience in working with medical and cognitive issues of older adults.
Consultation with Schools
In addition to her role in private practice, Dr. Kasprzyk is available for consultation with schools regarding academic testing, accommodations and implementation of individual education plans.
- Psychological assessments of children and adults
- Child psychotherapy
- Adult psychotherapy
- Parent Education
- Social skills training for children
- Working with parents and children in separation and divorce
- Children with behavior problems
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Anxiety and depression in children and adults
- Specific Phobias in Children
- Grief/Loss Issues
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Aetna PPO
- Cigna PPO
- Medicare – Railroad
- Self Payment (cash, check, charge)
- Out of Network Insurance (full fee)
- R.N. Mount Sinai School of Nursing
- M.A. Counseling Psychology – Saint Xavier University
- M.S. Health Service Administration – Saint Francis University
- Psy. D. Illinois School of Professional Psychology
- Associate – Jungian Institute of Chicago – Two Year Training Program
- Experience in Home Care and Hospice Nursing
- Counseling Services for Individuals and Families in a Community Based Counseling Center
- Home Based Treatment for Autistic Children
- Staff Educator – Little Company of Mary Hospital
- Alzheimer Assessment Program – Little Company of Mary Hospital
- School Based Counseling Services Through United Stand
- Individual Education Plan Consultation in School Settings