Make an Appointment
If you are already an established client of Hoover & Associates, and if you would like to schedule, reschedule or cancel an appointment, you have a few options. Please discuss these options with your therapist in order to confirm the method of communication that they prefer.
- Call the receptionist at 708-429-6999. The receptionist can access the clinician’s calendar, make any needed changes, and pass your message on to the clinician.
- Call your clinician at their extension, which you can find on their profile.
- E-mail your clinician directly by going to their profile and clicking on the e-mail link next to their photo. However, please keep in mind that it may take longer to communicate by email than by voicemail, some clinicians may prefer that you use voicemail for rescheduling, and that confidentiality of messages sent over the internet cannot be assured.
- Follow other specific instructions that your clinician gave you (if any).
There are four ways that a new client can go about scheduling an appointment at Hoover & Associates:
- Call our receptionist at 708-429-6999 (recommended)
- E-mail our receptionist
- Call a clinician directly at 708-429-6999 (see below)
- E-mail a clinician directly
1. Call Our Receptionist
We recommend that new clients call our receptionist at 708-429-6999 and ask to schedule a first appointment. The receptionist will ask you for the following screening information:
- Name and age of the client
- Your name (if different) and phone number
- Whether you’re requesting a specific clinician
- Your insurance-related information
- The issues you’d like help with or the service you’re requesting
- Scheduling information
If you’re not sure which clinician would be best for your needs, the receptionist can recommend one based on the information you give. The receptionist is usually able schedule an appointment for new clients during the first phone call, and we strive for the first appointment to be within a week or two from the day you called. The receptionist can also answer general questions about our practice.
If a receptionist is not available to pick up the phone when you call, then you will be prompted to leave a voicemail on the “new patients” extension (option 2). We check our “new patients” voicemail frequently and will make every effort to return your call as soon as possible.
2. E-mail our Receptionist
If you prefer to contact our receptionist through e-mail, then you can do so through our contact page. However, security of messages sent over the internet cannot be assured, so it is advised that you not discuss sensitive information over e-mail. Since you might want to keep some of the screening information (listed above) confidential, we recommend that new clients schedule their first appointment by calling 708-429-6999, rather than by e-mailing.
3. Call a Clinician Directly
If you want to ask a clinician some questions to help you decide whether psychological services would be right for you, which types of services to consider, and whom you should see, then you can call any of us at 708-429-6999.
You can find each clinician’s phone extension on their profile page. Our phone tree will also give you options to leave voicemails for specific clinicians.
4. E-mail a Clinician Directly
You can also e-mail a clinician directly by going to their profile and clicking on the e-mail link next to their photo. However, we cannot guarantee an immediate response to e-mail messages, so please do not use e-mail in urgent situations. Also, remember that security of messages sent over the internet cannot be assured, so it is advised that you not discuss sensitive information over e-mail.