Hoover & Associates has been providing mental health services in the southwest suburbs of Chicago since 1985. We currently provide the following psychological services.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, call us at 708-429-6999 and speak with the receptionist, who can help you decide which clinician will best fit your needs.
A couple of advantages of being a relatively large private practice is that we have enough clinicians to offer a variety of specialties, and that our clinicians have more freedom to focus on treating the conditions that they’re most passionate and knowledgeable about.
- Children – ages 3 to 12
- Adolescents – ages 13-17
- Young Adults – ages 18-30
- Middle Adults – ages 30-55
- Older Adults – ages 55 and up
Psychological Testing and Evaluation
At Hoover & Associates, our team of caring, licensed psychologists provides comprehensive psychological and psycho-educational testing, for clients age 3 and up, including:
- Psychological and diagnostic testing
- Psycho-educational measures of academic and cognitive functioning
- Assessment of healthy lifestyle, coping, and medical stress factors
- Evaluation of cognitive deficits due to aging
- Forensic testing of competency, amenability to treatment, dangerousness, and specific intent
- Social Security Disability Assessments
To arrange for testing, call 708-429-6999 and speak with the receptionist.
Hoover & Associates offers therapy, also called psychotherapy, counseling, talk therapy or mental health treatment. We offer individual therapy, couples and marital therapy, family therapy and group therapy.
Due to being a large private practice, we are able to provide a wide variety of approaches to therapy. To read about each clinician’s approach to therapy, see their profiles.
To arrange for therapy, call 708-429-6999 and speak with the receptionist.
Modification of Health Related Behaviors
We will work with your primary care and other health care providers to assist you in modifying your lifestyle to improve your health. Increasing physical exercise, reducing stress, modifying diet, stopping smoking, reducing harm from substances and finding enjoyable avocations can all promote health and reduce the burden of physical disease. In addition to working directly with one of our therapists to bring about healthy change, you can use the resources we have identified to further assist you in your journey toward health.
Sliding Scale Services
The Family Education Center is a non-profit affiliate organization with whom we are affiliated, that offers sliding scale psychological services (therapy and testing) to individuals who have no insurance. The sliding scale services are provided at the Hoover & Associates location. Availability may be limited.
Hoover & Associates clinicians can provide mental health services in English, Gujarati, Hindi, Korean, Polish, and Spanish.
Hoover & Associates provides:
- Consultation with or for parents
- Consultation with or for schools
- Consultation with or for doctors (primary doctors, specialist, psychiatrists)
- Consultation with or for other mental health providers
- Court related consultation and expert testimony (Mr. Tom O’Grady is an expert witness regarding at-risk adolescents)
Hoover & Associates clinicians are available to provide presentations, on mental health topics, to groups in our area. We provide presentations free of charge, as a service to the community. Topics, length of presentation, location, and timing are up to the discretion of the clinicians on a case by case basis. To request a presentation please call the Family Education Center at 708-429-6999, ext. 332.
Staff Development and Training
We can provide staff development and training to schools, businesses and organizations, about mental health topics.